Thursday, February 03, 2011

1st day of Chinese New Year

Today, being the 1st day of Chinese New Year, I went visiting with my wife. We first paid our visit to my father's house, then to my second uncle's house and finally to my mother-in-law's house. For my father's side, it was a once in a year affair seeing all my uncles and aunties as well as their children as all of us are too busy throughout the year, hence Chinese New Year is the only time when we meet! Incredible, you may thought, but this is real. For some of my other relatives, I have not seen them for years or even in decades!
We keep eating all the Chinese New Year goodies throughout the day and I think I feel very unhealthy these days. I have dropped too many hair these days from all the side-effects of late night sleeping and unhealthy diet. There are also some relatives and colleagues whom I know fall prey to the mini flu epidemic that Singapore has now, luckily I have recovered from my serious bout of flu. I think I need to exercise and am looking forward to one of these days to work out.  There is also quite a slew of Chinese New Year events that I would want to go like the River Hongbao, Chingay and the Sentosa Flowers. I have put all these past events under the Çhinese New Year' label, you can read these interesting posts when you are free.

Total Pageviews