Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Rats spotted along Orchard Road

Today's news reported the sighting of many rats along Orchard Road. Well this is not surprising to me, as if you have read my earlier post , you would have known that I see these rats and mouses scurrying around in my estate from day to night, everyday without fear! Rats have become permanent features of my residential town and a permanent fixture in my memory. This is not good of course and it seems that I am living in a third world underdeveloped country.

Why has there been such increase in rodents in our town and other parts of the island? A novel way to reduce rat population would be to stop feeding cats. Left to hunt for food, these cats will kill these rodents which compete with them for any morsel of food.

No comments :

Total Pageviews