Monday, March 16, 2009

An Unusual Encounter at the Esplanade: Fa Lun Gong !


On Saturday, my Dear and I were at the Esplanade. It was a lovely outing as we enjoyed the brilliant skyline of our skyscrapers in the Central Business District, the mushrooming Integrated Resorts, the seas and the wind.
As we made our way out of the Esplanade into a nearby underground tunnel, we were surprised to see there was a sort of an ‘informal’ exhibition occurring in the tunnel with posters plastered on the wall of the tunnel:


as well as five people mediating, seated in a neat row:


As we neared the ‘exhibition’, we took a closer look at one of the ‘exhibit’:


A Singaporean lady, presumably, a member of the Fa Lun Gong, approached us and briefed us on the exhibits. According to her, the China government has done some terrible things to those Fa Lun Gong practitioners living there! as seen from the posters plastered on the wall. My Dear and I listened to her, but her words did not sink it as we did not want to take a side on this issue. We were more surprised that an ‘exhibition’ is staged below the tunnel near to the Esplanade, our icon of the arts. I wonder whether the ‘exhibition’ is staged after getting the approval of the authority or not.

3 comments :

eastcoastlife said...

I'm surprised. They are allowed to practise here?

eastcoastlife said...

Congrats on being FC of my recent post. :)

Singapore Short Stories said...

ya ECL, I was also surprised!

Total Pageviews