Monday, February 23, 2009

Singapore Beaches

Singapore is a small island surrounded by sea.
On weekends, I would try my best to go to one of the many beaches in Singapore to take a break from the hustle and bustle of work and the city life. What I find satisfying is the increasing number of beach goers, be it runners, skaters, folks going for picnic, BBQ or camping, kite-flyers, love birds .... I am starting to see an increasing array of different beach lovers, this bodes well for Singapore as I can see that its effort in giving its residents the greenery despites our tiny land mass is gaining traction! However, the refuse strewn around may be increasing with more goers to the beaches too!
Beaches are really relaxing for all goers there. The moment I am at the beaches, I immerse myself to the rhythm of the waves, sashaying upon the shores... the winds embracing me in all directions, the rich aroma of BBQ assailing smoothly my nostrils.....time seems to come to a standstill as I embrace all my six senses with nature.....


3 comments :

Josephine said...

siloso?
East coast park?

Singapore Short Stories said...

ya many good beaches in Singapore!

Anonymous said...

As a teenager, I spent my december school holidays at an aunt's place in Pasir Ris. Her home has a front lawn that stretches out to the beach. It was heaven on earth for me there. Now that stretch of land is redeveloped into terrace houses, but the sea is still within sight from the houses. I wished I could afford a unit but they r way beyond my means :-/

Total Pageviews