Monday, January 24, 2011

Healing blogs


As reported in the newspapers yesterday, a growing number of patients have taken to blogging to document their daily fight against their conditions.


As an avid blogger, I recognise how blogs can serve as a form of catharsis to all people, regardless of their backgrounds. Blogs can serve as powerful viaducts for emotions as well as for the need to share for people.



Right here on this blog, I gain a catharsis everytime I blog. Life in Singapore can be stressful due to the nature of its high-paced, highly competitive society. Blogging offers me a catharsis for pented-up emotions.


Another form of catharsis which I find useful is jogging. The process of deep breathing and deep sweating rids the body of toxins and the mind from bad emotions.

Total Pageviews