Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011 Singapore Marina Bay Countdown

My wife and I had just returned from the Marina Bay Countdown to year 2011. Yes, now we are still awake at this time of 3.08 am, the early hours of year 2010. I believe the whole of Singapore, its citizens, Permanent Residents and foreign talents are still celebrating till tomorrow morning. When we took the train at the deep hour of 1.30 am, the train was so packed. When the thousands of crowd dispersed from the Marina Bay area after the midnight fireworks, it was so crowded to walk to the nearest MRT station. My wife and I took an hour just to get to the Promenade MRT Station. We did not complain as we chose our own detour, those who travelled via the path directed by the marshals would get back home much later.

This year is the first year that the whole of the Marina Bay attractions are opened for the countdown. The crowd who gathered at Marina Bay was not smaller. There were simply thousands and thousands of people around my wife and I when we gathered to sit at the Promenade near to 11pm. There, we sat till 12 am, awaiting for the grand fireworks display
.IMG_3622IMG_3630









We were awed by the grand fireworks like others. Happy New Year 2011 to all of us!

Total Pageviews