Saturday, April 07, 2012

Seeing Mr Lui Tuck Yew in the heartland shopping mall

Today, as I was walking on level one of a heartland shopping centre, I saw Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew in a short-sleeved shirt and a three-quarter pants holding a bottle of mineral water walking in the direction opposite me. The crowds in the crowded shopping centre did not really notice a minister walking among them- I think there was no Security Officer with him. Mr Lui seemed to be in deep thoughts as he walked. I think some Singaporeans may notice him but not the many youths who I think are not too politically-savvy.

Anyway, Mr Lui is known to be a heartland man to Singaporeans. It was reported in the news that he takes public transport to work, also when there is any breakdown in the MRT services, Mr Lui was always shown on TV, being one of the first on the affected areas to understand first-handedly the situation.

Total Pageviews