Monday, February 15, 2010

Chinatown Chinese New Year Celebrations 2010 countdown

How time passes! At this time of writing, Chinese New Year has just entered into its second day! So what have I been doing these few days? The answer is obvious, I have been preparing for Chinese New Year!

I woke up early on Saturday, the eve of Chinese New year and after completing my routine errands for the day, I commenced my annual spring cleaning. The areas of spring cleaning are my study areas, computer areas as well as bedroom.

What is surprising about spring cleaning is that as you start to work through the list of paraphernalia to be cleared, you will bound to discover even more items to be listed on your spring cleaning agenda! I cleared my cupboard, threw out all the unwanted stuff, swept, cleaned, wiped off the grime and effectively detoxified and sanitized these areas.

It was such a chore. At the end of the day, I spent actually close to 7 hours clearing my stuff. After which, it was a sumptuous reunion dinner. Following the dinner, my wife and I went to Chinatown to feel the Chinese New Year festive atmosphere up, close and personal!

Chinatown was a sea of people. We caught the countdown to the Chinese New Year and jostled among the thousands of people there just to exit out from the streets. As videos tell a thousand words, check out these videos I have specially prepared for you readers:






Happy Chinese New Year to You!



Visit Singapore Short Stories for more interesting reads NOW!

No comments :

Total Pageviews