Tuesday, May 12, 2009

National University of Singapore (NUS) is ranked 10th in Asia

The National University of Singapore (NUS) is ranked 10th in the 1st QS ranking of Asian universities.
The actual ranking of the universities in the world will be announced shortly.
I find it disappointing that despites NUS putting in so much efforts and money in its system, the ranking still far lags that of Hong Kong, Japan and Korea.
On another thought, ranking is not the most important thing.
I do find NUS' system of teaching quite structured and 'regurgitating' of facts when I was studying there.
Hope NUS will do more on encouraging creativity.
I presented my final year project which was highly creative to a China Professor. I thought that I would win some plaudits for a good and creative project. I was shocked to be criticised like there was no tomorrow after the project presentation... I managed to still score a Good grade and pity the Professor for not being open to my creative ideas... hehe

No comments :

Total Pageviews