Sunday, November 09, 2008

Changi Beach


By Day, Changi Beach is a quiet, relaxing place for family gatherings, outings, BBQs, jogging and cycling.
By night, Changi Beach becomes transformed into an even more relaxing place with the cool comfort provided by night. It is comfortable and is a breeze strolling Changi Beach at night.
But somehow or rather, personally, I find the tranquilty in Changi Beach is to a extent skewed a little to the eerie side. I always have the feeling of a ghostly feeling walking along the beach at night.
In my latest outing to the beach on Friday, just two days ago, I saw two police cars parked on the pedestrian trail of the park as four or five police men were seen shining their bright torches amidst the dark at a patch of sand on the boundary of the sea. They were then walking up and down, as if tracing for some leads. I cannot imagine what they are finding out or what they have discovered on the side of the beach. The eerie feeling invoked in me after seeing all this, intensified.
As I walked my way through the beach, I saw some strange items such as a small red wooden chest, which may be used for prayers strewn on the beach. Even more eerie, I thought to myself.
Changi Beach has an eerie past, starting from the time the Japanese executed thousands of Singaporeans on the beach during world war II, to haunted chalets, ghostly tales, mysterious drownings...
But try not to think too much about it, and one can find Changi Beach is still a lovely place for all and the fact that there are quite a number of campers pitching their tents and staying overnight shall assure one that the beach is still quite safe from ....... hehe

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

its true that it is eerie cause there are true stories from people who experience it before and send it to russell lee who warns others...

Singapore Short Stories said...

ya quite eerie....the beach saw some of the Japanese things there...

Total Pageviews